While skincare resolutions are on point this time of year, your hair deserves some TLC too. With the cooler temperatures and lower humidity, the next few months provides the perfect opportunity to restore your hair to its optimum health so that when the summer heat arrives, your hair is well-equipped to deal with the stresses. With a few clever inclusions (and omissions!) your haircare routine can be seriously upgraded so that your hair will swoosh with vitality and an enviable shine!
- Hydrate your hair: Integrating hydrating products into your haircare regime such as leave-in conditioners and nourishing overnight treatments can really benefit your hair. The Kerastase Elixir Ultime Masque is and intense restorative mask that penetrates hair to treat and restore strands back to a silky-smooth shine. Dull hair is nourished, leaving it soft and visibly shinier, while vitamins C and D, delivered through the Marula Oil help reinforce the hair fibre. This is a real added benefit as the vitamin C will provide protection against environmental aggressors, while vitamin D plays a role in stimulating new hair follicles.
- Choose your brush carefully: When you brush your hair, you can actually cause further breakage and split ends. But this can be easily avoided if you invest in a salon-quality brush. The iconic Tangle Teezer has unique teeth that are longer with softer tips, which lightly detangle and smooth cuticles for a high shine.
- Sort your scalp: For healthy hair, you need a healthy scalp so a scalp scrub is a must. These products work to exfoliate your scalp to keep product build-up, excess oils, and dirt away, leaving you with healthy-looking roots. Kerastase Specifique Argile is a purifying clay that deeply, yet gently cleanses and purifies the scalp. It helps balance sebum level on hair and removes pollution and impurities without stripping the hair.
- Easy on the heat: Hot water can damage the cuticles and make your hair super dry so always shower and wash your hair in warm, not hair water. Also, be careful with your choice of hot hair tools. The Dyson Supersonic™ hair dryer is brilliant as it has been engineered to protect hair from extreme heat damage, with fast drying and controlled styling to help increase smoothness by 75%.
- Give your hair a rest: Try to give your hair a chance to recuperate at least once a week. Let your hair air-dry, avoid heated styling products, and keep it out of a ponytail or tight headband to avoid any unnecessary pulling on the hair shaft.