2020 has been a unique – to say the least – year but as September rolls on and the Autumn trends are reigning supreme in stores, perhaps it’s time to embrace the season’s newest hair trends to update your style.
- Shadow root: Lived-in, more natural looking hair is definitely one of the most popular trends this year as a whole and this low-maintenance hair look is a perfect option for blondes. The secret to achieving this look is that it’s blended well.
- Warm highlights: Highlights are a brilliant way to add depth and dimension to your look. This year, warm shades such as champagne, caramel and honey tones, will be popular.
- Reflective red: Muted red tones are super trendy and highlights and colour slashes can be used to give the hair a subtle but effective pop of red that provides the hair with a multi-dimensional, interesting look.
The go-to cuts:
- THE MODERN SHAG: Inspired by ’70s iconic styles such as Farrah Fawcett’s feathered hair and Joan Jett’s rock’n’roll style, the strength in the shape comes from keeping the ends blunt and exterior strong.
- THE SOLID BANGED BOB: As seen on model Aylah Peterson at Saint Laurent, this style has statement and presence and is defined by keeping the strands all one length, which gives it a ‘glass hair‘ finish. Think Uma Thurman in Pulp Ficton and you’re on the right track!
- BIG BLOW DRY GLAMOUR: As proven by Lanvin’sAW 2020/2021 fashion show, but the 2020 version is cooler and edgier. To recreate the look, apply a volumising spray to dry hair and blow dry with a round bristle brush. Take a large tong and separate the hair in large sections, then set around the tong as if you were putting rollers in, making sure that you leave the ends out.