With awards season almost at an end, our favourite Hollywood A-listers have not left us disappointed with their outfit choices, eye-watering jewellery and bold make-up. But with so much sartorial diversity on this year’s Red Carpets, there has been a seismic shift when it comes to the choice of hairstyles. Gone are the stiff upstyles and boho beachy braids of the past decade, with 2020 welcoming styles that lend a distinctive nod to current hair trends.
- Roots rule: ..just ask Margot Robbie. At this year’s SAG awards, the Supporting Actress nominee let her brown hair peek through her fringey topknot, and even accented the color with a light brown lip.
- Compliments to the dress: At the BAFTAs, newcomer Florence Pugh balanced out her voluminous gown, with a chic pulled-back style.
- Slick back and sides: Saoirse Ronan opted to wear her hair down with a side parting at this year’s Golden Globes – a look also channelled by Reese Witherspoon at SAG awards, who was even more on-point with the style being given a slightly wet look.
- Braided beauty: Trust Jennifer Lopez to champion one of the past decade’s most enduring trends – the braid. Her 2020 Golden Globes look was an intricate braided bun
- Hello Old Hollywood: Salma Hayek, Hollywood veteran Jane Seymour and Priyanka Chopra all paid homage to Old Hollywood, opting for voluminous blow-outs and textured waves.